One day, I was watching T.V and got to know about a new technique of making food. The name of that technique is Sous Vide and I searched over the internet about this technique of making food.
It is known for making food in low-temperature for a long time. In this method, we use a plastic pouch in which food is placed for at least 7 hours. The temperature which is commonly used in this technique is 130 to 140 °F. The main purpose of cooking food in this process is to make food that retains moisture.
Now the main question arises, what will I make from this method? I saw the Skirt Steak in my refrigerator and luckily in one of my recipe books, I found Sous Vide Skirt Steak Recipe. I made this dish for dinner for my family and they appreciated it a lot.
After I heard their appreciation, I thought to share Sous Vide Skirt Steak Recipe with my little twist with my lovely people over here. But first, we have to gather the ingredients require to make Sous Vide Skirt Steak Recipe at Home.
Ingredients For Sous Vide Skirt Steak
|Lime Juice||1/3 Cup|
|Soy Sauce||1/3 Cup|
|Minced Garlic||2 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||1/3 Cup|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Minced Ginger||1 tbsp|
|Italian Seasoning||1 tbsp|
|Skirt Steak||1 1/2 Pounds|
|Salt and Pepper||2 tsp|
You will get all the ingredients from the nearby supermarket and most of them must be already in your kitchen. As I have mentioned before that this process of cooking takes a lot of time and I’ve mentioned the exact timings of this dish below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Mins||2 Hours 30 Mins||2 Hours 45 Mins|
Finally, we are at the final stage where I will tell you the directions to make this Sous Vide Skirt Steak.
Sous Vide Skirt Steak Recipe
- Add garlic, green onions, Italian seasoning, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, Olive oil, Soy sauce, lime juice with skirt steak in zip lock bag.
- Marinate the mixture for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
For Sous Vide the steak
- When the steak is marinated, transfer it to another zip-lock bag.
- Place the bag in the water bath with some part outside and add water in a sous vide container. Set the Precision Cooker to 130°F.
- When the water is at an estimated temperature lower the bag to submerge fully.
- For 3 hours, cook the sealed bag in the cooker.
- For 10 minutes, transfer the water bath to the refrigerator to chill.
- To wipe extra moisture, use a paper towel and wipe the steaks accordingly.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- To grill the steaks, heat over the grill 450°F, Sear the steak over the grill for 2 minutes.
- Cut the steaks in slices and serve it with favorite steak sauce.
Finally, Sous Vide Skirt Steak is ready. Serve it to anyone and they’ll definitely love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Sous Vide Steak
As we all know, steak is good for health and the table of the nutritional breakdown that I have mentioned will tell you how much healthy Sous Vide Skirt Steak is for you people.
How To Make Sous Vide Skirt Steak at Home | Video
By watching something live, you grab it easily. When I was about to make it the first time, I watched a video recipe of the Sous Vide Skirt Steak. That’s why I’ve added a video below, so it’ll be easier for you to try this recipe at home.
I hope you have liked the recipe. Make it by following the proper instructions that I’ve mentioned above. And do share your reviews regarding Steak in the comments section below.